Wednesday 21 August 2019

Mt Everest Writing

Gazing up at this Humongous mountain I realize this will be my proudest moment. The howling wind was wild today and thoughts of frostbite were looking almost certain. Luckily I was prepared with the essential gear needed to make this colossal climb but I still wish I could have got a better idea on how big the mountain was but all I could see was gigantic amounts of snow and clouds surrounding the mountain. I take my first step up the mountain and then soon I was climbing towards the top.

It felt like I had been climbing forever. Freezing, I persevere and continue climbing. I had come further than my expectations which weren't that high to begin with. I was almost halfway which meant a lot to me. Above me was a roof top of fluffy white clouds. I was starving. I decided to take a break and set up camp. Rummaging through my backpack I find some bread and canned tuna. Drooling with excitement I immediately chomp down the sandwich. It felt like I just had the best meal ever but the hunger before made it hard to see the truth. Exhausted I get tucked in my sleeping bag and go to sleep. The next morning the moment I woke up I set off on my hike to the top.

I was finally at the top. Staring out at the Horizon, I was feeling like the proudest person on Earth. Those clouds that were above me before were now underneath me. I remembered  how I felt at the bottom of the mountain. The only words that came to mind were danger and frostbite,  now those feelings have left me and all I could feel was happiness, confidence and pride. I take out my flag and place it in the snow. Now, my journey was at an end and it was time to go back down and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.