Tuesday 12 March 2019

Vector

Yesterday we learned about being sustainable with our energy from Vector. Vector is a power company which supply's us with electricity in our houses. They were here teach us about different ways to power electricity. Here are somethings that I learned:

  1. 63.5% of our electricity is powered by water.
  2. Mechanical energy is the movement of something moving from one place to another.
  3. Fossil fuels include coal, oil and natural gas.
My tips for saving power would be try to taking 5 minute showers or less to save water and maybe (if you can afford it) buy solar panels and if you want, a battery.
Hope you enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. kia ora my name is hamiora and l'm from Room 23 at owairaka District school. ireally like your blog post about be sustainable. Have you tried adding more photos?

    Thanks for sharing your learning .
    Check my blog out:
    https://odshamiora.blogspot.com/
    Blog you later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hamiora. Thanks for your tip. Maybe next time I do a task like this I'll try to add more photos. Have you done something like this before?
      Blog you later-
      Tasfia

      Delete
  2. HI my name is Ana I'm from owairaka District school. I really your post blog about your art face tried adding more photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora my name is Nicolas. I am from Room 24. I really liked your post about sustainable energy. A fact I remember from this lesson is that we can use the sun for energy and it is free. Thanks for sharing your learning. You should check out my blog https://odsnicolas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicholas. Thanks for your comment. A challenge I faced while doing this task was writing this in a way that made sense. Have you tried something like this before?
      Blog you later
      Tasfia

      Delete
  4. Kia Ora Tasfia, my name is Tiffany from Rm 24
    I like your post about the vector talk!
    Did you enjoy it I know I did!
    What was your favourite part?
    Check out my blog at http://odstiffanyl.blogspot.com/
    blog ya later,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tiffany. Thanks for your comment. My favorite part was probably learning about solar energy and hydro energy. Have you done something like this before?
      Blog you later,
      Tasfia

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.